Thursday, June 26, 2008

Runnin' down a dream

It has to be a very special situation for me to miss a Yankees game. Tom Petty at the Hollywood Bowl constituted that last night.

The Heartbreakers killed, and so too did Joba apparently in a 10-0 win over the Pirates. Neat and tidy. I like countless other Yankees fans am trying not to get too worked up and put too much pressure on a young kid, but I'm just curious ... do we already have that true ace that we've been waiting for?

Let's let that soak in a moment.

OK, yeah. Anyway, three hours from now I'll be on a cross-country flight for a trip home to the mother land. I'm going to try to catch the Mets opener at the Stadium tomorrow and I already have tickets to the Saux opener next Thursday.

I'll check back with everybody tomorrow. Buck Foston.

No comments: